Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Revising Your GAME Plan

This week I have learned that not only using wiki’s for online portfolio could be useful, but using them to ask essential questions for introductions to problem based learning activities. Each student could engage into their own opinion into deep thought of the topic. The teacher will be able to assess the student during the process of the project to see if he or she are heading in the correct direction for success.

As for new goals that I would like to set for myself, I have none. I am trying to accomplish the two goals that I have set out to do and am still in the process of doing. I believe that creating too many goals can be counterproductive. I have learned that introducing technology in the classroom to teachers that do not want technology in the classroom is very difficult. They refuse to learn, but using the “don’t go away,” method has started to influence a certain few. I have found that is a success to me. I will keep encouraging the use of web tools in the classroom and hopefully will conduct some kind of progress.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Christopher,

    It is understandable that you want to focus on the two goals before adding more to your agenda. The online portfolio project is a great place to concentrate on. I have also started looking into online portfolios the benefits appear to be great! I believe the electronic portfolio project can help achieve the goal of facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity. Barrett, and Garrett, (2009) refer to Portfolios as “a students own stories of what they know, why they believe they know it, and why others should be of the same opinion. A portfolio is opinion backed by fact... Students prove what they know with samples of their work.” (p.2).

    A portfolio project is also a great way for students to create an artifact. It is a product they create which they can be proud of and represents their achievements over a given period of time.

    References:

    Online Personal Learning Environments: Structuring Electronic Portfolios for Lifelong and Life Wide Learning by Helen Barrett & Nathan Garrett - a work in progress in GoogleDocs (October 2007) Published in On the Horizon | Vol. 17 No. 2, 2009, pp. 142-152, © Emerald Group Publishing Limited, ISSN 1074-8121

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on the online portfolio. It gives the students a repository for their work, which can be added as they move through the educational career.

    I have found that some new goals have come out of my orginal goals I set for myself. While still working on the original set, I have already established the direction in which I will go to next. I have really latched onto the GAME plan and use a plus/delta chart at the end of every project. It helps to see what works, and what needs to be changed. I can understand how using technology in differenct ways takes time to work through the bugs and obstacles that we face from the technology, our systems internet philosophy, and teh access our students have to it. This is all a factor in the equation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John M,
    I like how well you explained what a portfolio does for students. I will be using some of your references for future portfolio use. Thank you.

    C. Douglas,
    You are correct that there needs to be goals set off the original goals to help prepare to the direction you want to go. I hope your GAME Plan is going smoothly and will help benifet the students in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    I felt like you. Completing the 2 goals I selected first was my aim. I too want to accomplish them before I move onto others. But I reviewed the indicators this week and have noticed some indicators that I do want to accomplish or that I see are important to accomplish.

    Perhaps when you have achieved your goals you will review the indicators and find a goal that can help with your practice.

    ReplyDelete